Brixham Caravans Terms, Conditions & Cancellation Policy
1. A provisional booking made via telephone, in person, post,online or by e-mail will remain firm for a period of seven days during which time a £50 deposit per caravan per week must be paid. The deposit is non-refundable in the event of cancellation unless terminated by Brixham Caravans. If we do not receive the deposit payment within the 7 day period we reserve the right to cancel your provisional booking and to re-let the caravan to another customer.
2. Outstanding balance payments must be received no later than 30 days prior to the holiday arrival date. If we do not receive the balance payment 30 days prior to the holiday arrival date we reserve the right to refuse your booking and your deposit will not be refunded.
Should you cancel your booking prior to payment of the full balance, only the deposit sum of £50 will be forfeited. If a cancellation is made after the full balance has been paid, 50% of the total hire charge will be refunded. If less than 14 days notice of cancellation is received, then no monies will be refunded.
3. The caravan will generally be available from 4pm on the day of arrival, to the named hirer during the period shown on the invoice received from Brixham Caravans. If you have chosen and paid for “Early Check in” and paid the surcharge the caravan will be available from 2pm or before. The named hirer agrees that upon payment of the hire charge, to be bound by these terms and conditions. It is the responsibility of the named hirer to make all members of their party aware of the existence of these terms and conditions and their compliance.
The caravan should be vacated by 10 am on the day of departure unless you have chosen to pay the late check out fee on booking. Late check out is 12pm.
Should you not vacate the caravan by checkout time (10 am) or (12 pm if late checkout fee is paid on booking), Brixham Caravans reserve the right to charge the hirer £50 per hour or part hour until the caravan is vacated. “Vacated “is determined as the caravan has been cleared of your possessions and the key returned to the keysafe.
A fully paid invoice issued by Brixham Caravans may be required to be shown on demand by the management of South Bay Holiday Park. The caravan keys should be returned to the keysafe for your caravan on your departure. If you lose or do not return the caravan keys to the keysafe on departure we will charge you a replacement fee the value of which should be no more than £50.00 for just key replacement and no more than £200.00 for lock replacement if required.
Please leave the caravan & equipment in an excellent condition for other holiday makers to enjoy. If we are notified that you have not left the caravan in a respectable condition we have the right to refuse future bookings by you and to charge a deep clean cleaning charge of £50.00
All damages and breakages must be reported at once to the Parks Housekeeping Department and at the discretion of Brixham Caravans be paid for in full.
4. The caravan you have hired can only be occupied by the maximum of berths it contains for fire regulations, which means a 2 bed sleeps 6 caravan can be occupied by a maximum of 6 people (including children over the age of 2) and a 3 bed sleeps 8 caravan can be occupied by a maximum of 8 people (including children over the age of 2). At no time must this number be exceeded. If you are found to be exceeding the maximum number of berths for your caravan you will be required to reduce the amount of occupants to the maximum level immediately. Brixham Caravans will not be responsible for the provision or costs of any extra accommodation required.
The caravan you have hired is privately owned and is not suitable for wheelchairs. The caravan has no facilities available for the disabled.
5. The main hirer of the caravan must be 25 years or older, however this remains at the discretion of the Brixham Caravans and, dependant on circumstances, the hirer maybe of a younger age, but no younger than 21 years. The hirer must remain present during the occupancy period of the caravan.
6. The caravan is only available for rent by families, responsible couples and groups only. The park will not allow all male or all female parties. Mixed adult groups under 25 are permitted at the discretion of Brixham Caravans.
Children under the age of 12 must not be left in the caravan at any time unsupervised by a responsible adult.
7. Strictly NO PETS allowed.
8. Strictly NO SMOKING inside caravan. If you do so, we will terminate your booking without refund and require you to leave the caravan immediately.
You will also be required to pay any costs we incur if you smoke inside the caravan including costs for specialist cleaning (to make the caravan fit for hire as a non-smoking environment) and the cost of the caravan for any time period it is unusable. We will send you (at the address on the invoice) a breakdown of these charges within 10 working days. We may refuse to accept bookings from you in future. However smoking is permitted outside the caravan. Please discard cigarette stubs carefully.
9. The maximum hire period allowed is 28 days.
10. Please try to keep the area surrounding the caravan clean and tidy at all times.
11. Park speed limits must be observed.
12. Please keep noise to a minimum and show consideration to other caravan owners and occupants at all times.
13. Litter and refuse must be disposed of in the designated bins provided by the Park.
14. Ball games are to be played in designated areas and not between caravans.
15. Please try to clean or remove all dirty footwear on entering the caravan.
16. The use of barbecues is permitted, however, please keep well away from the caravan. It is strictly forbidden to use portable barbecues inside the caravan or on the deck area outside.
17. Do not disarm the smoke alarms. Press the hush or mute button located on the alarms, should they be activated during cooking.
18. All electrical and gas appliances should be switched off when leaving the caravan.
19. Duvets, pillows, sheets, pillow cases and duvet covers are provided however other linen items such as towels, tea towels and wash cloths are not provided.
20. Please use the parking bays provided at all times. Use designated overflow car parks provided by the Park if necessary. Please do not park cars on any grassy areas.
21. It is an express condition of booking that we cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to personal property including motor vehicles whether malicious or accidental during your stay. A safe is provide for the storage of valuables. However we will not be held responsible for any loss if the safe is used or not. It is an express condition of booking that we will not be held responsible for any published facility not being available through circumstances beyond our control. In the interest of safety it may become necessary to limit the opening times of the swimming pool. Children and non swimmers must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
23. Personal travel insurance is not included in the cost of your holiday and, if required, remains the hirer’s responsibility.
24. Should you or any member of your party cause problems or inconvenience to other guests or to a member of the South Bay Holiday Park staff, the Park Management Team reserve the right to ask you or any of your party to leave the Park and our caravan without refund.
The Site Manager’s decision in this and all other site related matters will be final.